Monday, September 9, 2013

Weeks 33 and 34 Paul's Update

Another late and short summary of my birding efforts in August.

The summer was coming to a close and the birding was picking up just a little. There were a few new migrants moving through and this creates opportunities to see new birds. Of course, most birds are already on my list so my new birds for this period might seem a bit obscure. Three new shorebirds and a rather rare flycatcher. That's my list and unfortunately, I have no nice photos of any of them to share.

250 Black-bellied Plover 8/18/2013 Presqu'ile Provincial Park, Lake Ontario, Ontario
251 Olive-sided Flycatcher 8/18/2013 Presqu'ile Provincial Park, Lake Ontario, Ontario
252 Red Knot 8/25/2013 Brock Street Bridge, Whitby, ON
253 Stilt Sandpiper 8/25/2013 Brock Street Bridge, Whitby, ON

No comments:

Post a Comment