Sunday, March 24, 2013

Damon's Birds for the Week of March 17 - March 23

This week was a good week. Continuing my productive birding ways of last week, I did my best to catch up with Paul, except he also continued to go birding and won't let me pull ahead (it is very Red Queen-esque). As of now, I am only 10 behind him, but I didn't make a nice graph to show it yet (data presentation will be soon!).
Part of last week was spent in Maryland at Sandy Point State Park (more post on that later, though I did post some about seeing a red-headed woodpecker), and I did a bunch of birding at the John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge nearby (more post on that also later). I also got another bird from work! I did have a four mile hike with my oldest son this weekend in Tyler Arboretum, though all we saw were sparrows and other birds I already had (he was happy to see them, though). That one will not get a post.

This week my kids are home from school (damn spring break!), so my opportunities to sneak out for four hours of birding are limited.

55; Eastern Phoebe; 3/17/13; Sandy Point State Park; Annapolis, MD
56; Brown Thrasher; 3/17/13; Sandy Point State Park; Annapolis, MD
57; Eastern Bluebird; 3/17/13; Sandy Point State Park; Annapolis, MD
58; Hermit Thrush; 3/17/13; Sandy Point State Park; Annapolis, MD
59; Common Goldeneye; 3/17/13; Sandy Point State Park; Annapolis, MD
60; Red-Headed Woodpecker; 3/17/13; Sandy Point State Park; Annapolis, MD
61; Great Egret; 3/18/13; Dupont Environmental Education Center; Wilmington, DE
62; Pintail; 3/22/13; John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge; Philadelphia, PA
63; Killdeer; 3/22/13; John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge; Philadelphia, PA
64; Fox Sparrow; 3/22/13; John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge; Philadelphia, PA
65; Harry Woodpecker; 3/23/13; John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge; Philadelphia, PA
66; Tree Swallow; 3/23/13; John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge; Philadelphia, PA
67; Golden-Crowned Kinglet; 3/23/13; John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge; Philadelphia, PA
68; Rusty Blackbird; 3/23/13; John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge; Philadelphia, PA
69: American Black Duck; 3/23/13; John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge; Philadelphia, PA
70; Winter Wren; 3/23/13; John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge; Philadelphia, PA

No comments:

Post a Comment