Monday, April 8, 2013

Damon's Birds for the Week of March 31 - April 6

I have a bad feeling I am falling behind Paul. Sure I am confident that I will pass him, but he keeps seeing birds! Dammit, many of those are the ones that are common for me in winter and have only recently arrived for him. It is great that he gets excited for things like White Throated Sparrows; it is so cute! I even heard on on Sunday sing about sweet sweet Canada Canada Canada Canada, so it was only a matter of time before they left me for him. I'll just bide my time with bitter posts about eBird.

Hey, it isn't all bad, because many birds from further south are coming up to me and not to Paul. Look, the Friends of Heinz Wildlife Refuge even posted a picture on Facebook of a Carolina Wren that talked about looking forward to the forthcoming new migrants!



I will never let this thing go

GAHHHH, EVEN THEY TAUNT ME!

Ok, my week was OK, with a couple new ones while I worked and another new one from Heinz Wildlife Refuge. I also have, officially, stopped inputting my birds into eBird.

75; Greater Yellowlegs; 3/31/13; DuPont Environmental Education Center; Wilmington, DE
76; Northern Harrier; 3/31/13; DuPont Environmental Education Center; Wilmington, DE
77; Barn Swallow; 4/1/13; John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge; Philadelphia, PA

No comments:

Post a Comment