Monday, April 1, 2013

Week 13 Paul's Update

Another week is gone and I have a few more birds to show for it.

I started last week with a nice walk through the forest and finally saw a Hairy Woodpecker. It was something I had been hoping to see for a while and it was nice to have one on my list now. My next bird was the Turkey Vulture, which I saw soaring over Landsdowne Avenue in Peterborough on Tuesday. Hey guys, it must be spring- the turkey vultures are back! I drove to Montreal on Wednesday evening and got out for some birding on Friday. I saw my first House Finch of the year on Friday morning and then tracked down the Snow Goose in the Quebec countryside. More on that trip soon.

This puts me at 84 bird species for the year. No graph this week but perhaps next week I can make some comparing my progression with Damon's. Here's my list update.

81; Hairy Woodpecker; 3/24/2013; Petroglyphs Provincial Park, Ontario
82; Turkey Vulture; 3/26/2013; Peterborough, Ontario
83; House Finch; 3/29/2013; Parc des Prairies, Laval, Quebec
84; Snow Goose; 3/29/2013; Outside Salaberry de Valleyfield, Quebec

And here's a photo of some ducklings because this post was a bit lame.

Little duckies playing in the water. Photo by Paul Frost circa 2003.


No comments:

Post a Comment