Monday, January 7, 2013

Paul's Week 1 Update

My first week was about as eventful as Damon's. Here my first week of birds:



-1 Blue Jay; 1/2/2013; My backyard, Peterborough, Ontario
-2 Common Raven; 1/2/2013; Parkhill Dr., Peterborough, Ontario
-3 Rock Pigeon; 1/2/2013; Parkhill Dr., Peterborough, Ontario
-4 Mallard; 1/2/2013; Ontonobee River, Trent University, Peterborough, Ontario
-5 Wild Turkey; 1/2/2013; Farm near Trent University, Peterborough, Ontario
-6 Northern Cardinal; 1/2/2013; Farm near Trent University, Peterborough, Ontario
-7 European Starling; 1/2/2013; Farm near Trent University, Peterborough, Ontario
-8 Downy Woodpecker; 1/2/2013; Farm near Trent University, Peterborough, Ontario
-9 Red-tailed Hawk; 1/2/2013; Near Trent University, Peterborough, Ontario

These are pretty standard birds you will see in Peterborough driving around. Mostly you see pigeons, a starling or two, and today (while filling up with gas) I saw 3 mallards fly by. I saw a few of these birds at someone else's feeder. Yes, I stopped and got a good look. My biggest find was a flock of turkeys crossing the country road that me and my boys were driving down. I guess my next move is to search out some sparrows, track down the gulls that hang out at the mall parking lot, and wait for my first trip south.

No comments:

Post a Comment